Before leaving work and going on short-term disability, I was bragging to my co-workers that I would come back a changed woman. Little did I know that the statement was not just for my physical well-being, but spiritual and mental also. It feels like God gave me a make-over during those five weeks. The crazy part is that I feel like my true self now more than I have all my life. He used other people plus whispers from Him directly ministered to my heart about His power, glory, sense of humor, care, love and forgiveness.
I know where my focus is, what it should be on, who it should not be on and where I am headed. I guess He needed me to sit still for a minute to work on all of me vs. bits and pieces He could grab in my day-to-day running here and there. I feel awesome- physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually! Trying to think of something to compare it to that I have experienced so far in life: dancing in the living room with my girls! It is an unbeatable feeling. My conversations with my Father are different and more intimate, my tolerance for mess is minimal, my hunger for wisdom is ongoing and my desire to show others mercy is a priority. God is good! If I was sitting on the beach right now writing in my journal, I would definitely think I'd died and gone to heaven!
Friday, June 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
It's funny, since your divorce you're become a changed women in my eyes...it's hard for me to believe that you have changed once again...but in my conversations with you, you really have changed.
Post a Comment