Thursday, October 12, 2006

3 Months Later

In July, my second oldest sister and her husband invited me and Qenya to California for a few days. Of course I said yes since I had not had a vacation in two years. The weather was beautiful, the flight was peaceful and Qenya enjoyed the weird feeling of taking off and landing in the plane.

The first night of the visit we attended a Holy Ghost Conference at World Harvest Church. I did not fully understand the why it was called a Holy Ghost Conference until I got there and experienced the anointing of the Holy Spirit myself. This is very difficult to describe to anyone reading this who has never experience it but I will try.

Dr. Ed Dufresne ministries were the host of this conference and I learned through my niece and nephew that several people had been healed by attending this conference. Upon agreeing to go the conference with my sister and her family, I was not focused on being healed. I was more curious about how Californians worship and use it as an opportunity to tell God thank you for healing me days before from a potential cancerous fibroid. Qenya went too and was comfortable in the nursery as soon as she saw some toys she could jump on and slide on. She had no fear of unknown surroundings or people and believe it or not, neither did I.

At some point in the service, Dr. Dufresne taught on anointing and that not everyone has the same gifts from God. Some people can heal with their hands, others have the gift of prophecy, etc. He shared that God has given him the gift to heal with his hands and he wanted to lay hands on anyone who needed healing. Dr. Dufresne asked for anyone who needed healing to come to the front. First he told us to raise our hands and my right hand immediately shot up in the air. My right elbow was hurting at the time because I have not been able to fully extend my right arm for at least seven years due to excessive inflammation in my elbow. My arm was still partially bent but my hand was raised above my head.

When he told everyone with their hands raised to come up front, I felt like I was running. I do not recall making my body move but as if I was lifted off the ground and placed at the altar with others who I never looked at. I only looked up to God with tears streaming down my face and thanking Him and believing this was the day of my breakthrough. I was thinking I had to come to California to receive the manifestation of my healing. On my way to the altar, a Black woman on the end of one of the rows looked me straight in the eye and yelled. Plus her body language was like someone who had been shocked by an electric current. I have no idea to this day what that meant but I remember it vividly. She wore glasses but I do not remember anything else about her.

Dr. Dufresne made his way to me at the altar and laid his hands on my forehead. A warm sensation went through the middle of my body never going through my arms. I remember my knees buckling and laying on the floor screaming, "Thank You, Jesus! Thank You!" I do not know how long I laid there but I know while I was there I heard God say to me, "Now you believe!"

Since this happened to me I had been unable to formulate it into words. I went back to my seat at the conference next to my sister where she told me to work my faith. She meant for me to move my arm as if it could be full extended with no pain. I did and danced around with the rest of the congregation, thanking God for showing me personally His power, mercy and grace. I experienced the Holy Spirit in a way that prepared me for all the other encounters I have had through today. It is a glorious experience that compares to no other. Today my elbow is still inflamed and hurts sometimes, but I believe I will see the manifestation of God's healing on my body and I will blog that day too!

2 comments:

Brown English Muffin said...

Can you still lift your arms high? Did it still carry on to this day?

That must be a weird weird feeling...but it couldn't happen to a nicer person!!

About time you updated your blog by the way...some of us DO want to know how you're doing!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

i am just now reading this. Feeling the Holy Spirit is an experience. My first time was when I was 18 yrs old and a very warm sensation went though my stomach. It just hit me out of no where. This is Kim's oldest sister!!!