Thursday, January 18, 2007

He Protects His Children

Yesterday it snowed in Texas a few inches which is no big deal to me since I just returned from driving in three days of snow and ice in Kansas. However, it became a big deal because the Texas Dept of Transportation does not have enough trucks to sand the highways and roads. Therefore, all the streets and highways became one big slip and slide.

Since we still had to come to work, the weather and road conditions was the office conversation for the first few hours at work. Our CFO bought our department pizza as a thanks to all who braved the commute to work. When we had bad weather in MD and some of us still made it to the office by train or car, our Publisher would buy us El Pollo Rico. It is the best Peruvian chicken in the land! I miss El Pollo Rico but was satisfied with the pizza yesterday.

As I am sure was the prayer of most Believers driving in the snow and ice yesterday, I prayed for God's protection all around me and my loved ones. I remembered how He cleared the roads for me from Kansas City to Texas so I had no doubt He would protect me again.

Below is a testimony of one of my co-workers. It is powerful and shows that God is always working on behalf of those who abide in Him.

I want to share with you just how Good and Awesome our God is ALL THE TIME...This morning before I left my house I prayed that by faith I will make it to the south plant. I was driving between 20-25 mph the whole time...Just before I approached the S. Felix exit, an 18 wheeler passed me on the fast lane at a fast speed so I tapped my breaks to stay behind and in doing so I lost control of my SUV. I started fishtailing on the freeway and no matter which way I turned the steering wheel I couldn't seem to straighten my truck. When I did stop I was facing oncoming traffic and there were about 7 vehicles facing me and everyone of them was stopped. So not only did God keep me from flipping over or hitting the cement dividers he made those cars come to a complete halt where they wouldn't hit me. After I got my trucked turned the right direction I rolled my window down and waved to the drivers and drove off with nothing but Praises to God. He is always with us even when he seems far way.

1 comment:

Brown English Muffin said...

Wow...your co-worker needed more than pizza when she made it to work that morning...she needed a still drink!!!

I miss El Pollo Rico as well...yummy!!

Anyway you're been tagged on my blog...click here for my first challenege of 07!