Before heading to KC, I asked the Lord to make the roads clear and safe. It was perfect driving weather when we left on Thursday morning. We left about 4:30am and arrived in KC about 3pm-ish. No rain, no car issues; just sunshine, good music, clean restrooms at each stop and we were rolling.
It was freezing in KC the whole time we were there but I did not let it slow me down. I am so thankful I remembered how to drive in the snow and I regret saying I miss it. I forgot with snow comes extremely cold weather and the highest was the 20's while we were there. The wind chill was below 4 degrees so I took it as a welcome home gift. Saturday we had a ice storm so that was fun to drive around in too. I surely do not miss that part of Kansas!
Anyway, we left KC around 5am on Monday and headed back to TX. Between Ottawa and Emporia was snow and ice but those diesel trucks kept passing us anyhow. (I even saw a Trooper pull over someone in the ice storm and thought, they must have warrants or on America's Most Wanted for a police officer to get out and talk to someone in this weather. ) Anyway, every time a truck passed us, I held onto the steering wheel tight so they would not blow us off the road then thanked them for going ahead of us and clearing the road. Even in the snow, I was able to drive about 50 mph safely so I did not complain. Once we got closer to Emporia it was only cold weather and clear roads. It is amazing how your eyes adjust to seeing through a completely dirty windshield when your windshield wiper fluid is frozen and can't squirt.
Thank you KS Turnpike workers for getting up early with the salt and sand trucks and clearing all the ice and snow off the turnpike. Please donate some of your materials to Oklahoma.
We were rolling smoothly across the OK border until we hit Oklahoma City. I think their Dept of Transportation was on strike because everyone was making their own lanes on 35South since the roads were covered with snow. It was wild because some people were fish tailing while others crept along like me. The police were sitting on the shoulders watching, I guess. This only lasted a few miles, thank God. Outside of Oklahoma City we were back to clear roads and doing 70mph. I set my cruise to the speed limit because I was determined to not get any tickets this trip like in the past.
God, I thank you for being Faithful and True. For teaching me how to stretch my faith. And even though most people may not agree, I thank you for treating me like Your favorite child and clearing the roads for us to make it to and fro safely. Thank you for no tickets, no accidents, no car trouble and quality time with my daughter. I love You, Lord and all You are doing for my family. Glory to His Name!
Tuesday, January 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
This is a really nice entry, talking to god.
So what did Baby L think of all the snow and ice and cars?
Post a Comment