As most of my friends and family know, this past weekend I had my first date after being divorced for over three years. It was pleasant and something new. A few minutes ago I got a phone call from ole dude's wife. Should I continue...?
This morning I had just blogged how God had shown me peace that passeth all understanding. Okay, God, this was a set-up. He gave me peace last night so I could turn around and use it again this morning. What a set-up!
Anyway, I am sitting at work and my cell phone goes rings with an unidentifiable phone number. When I answered, she said in a sweet and calm voice, "Hi! I saw you sent an email to my husband and was calling to find out what it was about." I had an instant flash back as to when I called the woman that my ex-husband was cheating with and the long pause between my question and her response of, "I'm so sorry."
I tried my best to assure her that I asked him point blank if he was in a relationship and he said he has been divorced for over 9 years. I gave up ALL the info to her after that. The date and place we met, how he approached me and we exchanged cards and that I even talked to his daughter, Stacey, on the phone. She explained that Stacey was from a previous marriage and that him and her recently had boys. They originally had triplets but one died in October of last year. I continued to apologize and then thought of all the things I wanted to know when I was in her shoes. I assured her there was no physical contact whatsoever and even went so far as sharing with her that I am saved and would not jeopardize all that I am believing God for on any man.
She sounded calm throughout our conversation. I shared with her that I know how she feels because it happened to me. However, I told her that she was more calm than I was. She stated that back in the day she would have went off but now life is bigger than this situation. I have mad respect for her in this area.
Anyway, you know how I have confessed that this is my peculiar year. I then began to share with her that God glorifies marriage and that I pray that God will restore their marriage. That God will handle Chris with mercy and that she can forgive him and rebuild what God has put together. I am sure I apologized 10 more times but she seemed sincere in her thank you, and we ended with, "May God bless you."
When I hung up the phone, I closed my office door and immediately cried, "FATHER, YOU PROMISED NO DECEITFUL MEN WOULD ENTER MY LIFE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!" I was devastated. Not because I knew ole dude was not Boaz, but because when I finally grew open to dating again, my first time out the blocks, I get knocked out by a hit in the head with the ball.
Thirty minutes before typing this, I was a wreck. Snot nose, make-up running and sobbing speech. Of course I had to call somebody. I called Mrs. M and she helped me see the victory in it. God spoke to my spirit on Sunday that Chris was disobedient in some area of his life. I assumed it was his business so I gave him a copy of Pastor Gary's sermon: Obedience is the Greatest Form of Worship.
The victory is that I did nothing wrong and God will convict Chris through the CD, me and now his wife. She called me back while I was typing this and stated that she confronted him but he denied it all. She said she is trying to figure out what she is going to do. God, move in their life and make their relationship be a testimony to you.
so if you are single and reading this, know God is a healer. God is a restorer. God is still faithful. And I still believe that God will not send any deceitful men my way. That as you walk in obedience, God will get all the glory!
Friday, February 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
OMG that's all I have to say....
WOW! I just read this and chills went down my spine because after you shared the experience with me about ole dude I had an uneasiness and began to pray for you. Not for him...but for you! Being the special person that you are, I prayed that God would reveal immediately any ill intentions, if any that ole dude had because you deserved "The Best!" I knew without a doubt that God loved him some JN...Now I most definitely know without a doubt, that God loves him some KC, because he closed that door before it could open!!
Post a Comment