Have you ever been in a situation where you know someone is setting you up? A situation where you have evaluated all the pieces to the puzzle and the one corner piece is missing? Or where when you look at the situation and the light at the end of the tunnel is less than one millimeter?
Unfortunately I have found myself in this situation more than once. However, a dear friend reminded me today that God loves His children and "No weapon formed against me shall prosper." That when something not intended for God is used to set us up in a negative way, that God can use it as a setup where He gets the victory. I receive and believe this to be true!
However, prior to sharing the "set-up" with my friend, I was ready to throw in the chips and start a new game. Then I began beating myself up about how quickly I forgot that God is part of the equation. Duh!@#$! I was looking at the mountain through my eyes and not relying on Who I know as the mountain mover and Helper when the mountain doesn't move.
Earlier in the year, I blogged having the faith of a mustard seed. Forgot all about it until now. I did a speech in Toastmasters titled, "I Am God's Favorite". Forgot all about it until now. Forgot all about how God used some work I did not want to do to give me knowledge to be used later as a business owner.
Prior to today, I was just looking at the mountain like a disobedient toddler looking up to parent. Wide-eyed, scared, anticipating the worse but hoping for a hug. Today, I got a big hug!
God reminded me: I am the head and not the tail. I am above only and not beneath. I am a lender not a borrow. All flesh will see the blessing of the Lord in me, upon me and around me. I will climb the mountain, stand on top and praise God and patch up my shield so it is ready and sturdy when the next mountain comes.
I am in awe at how different I am tackling this mountain now that I have taken my eyes off of my inability, and believing in His ability. Thanks for believing friends to give me reminders!
I look forward to posting my success with this project so stay tuned...
Wednesday, February 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Ok so what's this really about?
You have made God proud! Remember that you are a child of God and no one can take that away. Just keep our conversation in mind. It may look bleak at the moment, but God is working it out on the other side. He already has a solution to our obstacles, but we have to trust and believe that he will work it out and give it to him, walk away and say "Thank You Lord!" Then at a later date we will be able to look back and understand why he did what he did, then we will be able to say "Well Done!"
Much Love....Your Friend :)
Testing?
Post a Comment