It's gonna be worth it
It's gonna be worth it
It's gonna be worth it all!
It took me a few minutes to really tie the song to everything I am currently facing: studying, health issues, tears, parenting a strong-willed child, short nights, uncertainties, blessings, misunderstandings, attempts, successes, failures, doubt, hope and screams of joy- all are going to be worth it.
One of the hardest things for me about substitute teaching is not being prepared. Not having the pages read ahead of time. Not knowing who will be in the classroom or in the hallway. Not knowing where to park when I go to a new campus. Not knowing which face to present when walking down the hall with high school students taller and bigger than me. (Do I smile or look mean and tough. lol) Not knowing what to expect.However, I am learning that the more I pray ahead of time, the more prepared He makes me. Every assignment I have had thus far has been confirmed that I am where I am suppose to be when I am suppose to be there. One assignment at a public school I felt so relieved when I lifted the overhead screen to write on the board and the teacher had written: If God is for us, who can be against us? Another classroom had tied scripture to all of Bloom's Taxonomy which was so cool. On another assignment where I had to send a student to the office for misconduct went so smooth that I was even shocked he went to the principal's office willingly and class continued on as needed. What was sad was in trying to figure out his name while he was out of the room without permission, hardly any of his classmates knew his name.
During my beginning journey of entering Education, I received a fair amount of discouragement. I heard comments about there is no money in teaching, the kids are bad, it is not worth the headache and you will not have time to do anything else because of grading papers, etc. I may find this to be true with the exception of kids are not bad, some make bad decisions. However, my purpose is the same as it should be: To be where God tells me to be when I am suppose to be there. I think the nay sayers had good intentions but I reminded myself that most do not know what they are suppose to be doing so they definitely do not know what God has called me to do. I am still working myself out with the Lord everyday by faith. Also I learned years ago that everything has a season- careers, jobs and even relationships. However, I think whatever the length of the season, it is worth it. Plus now most of the nay sayers have hushed or become cheerleaders, so God is good!
It's gonna be worth it.
It's gonna be worth it.
It's gonna be worth it all.


1 comment:
ok how do you figure out which blog to use for which post?
Anyhow the more you speak the more it makes sense that we don't know what we are supposed to be doing and neither do kids know what they are supposed to be doing so when they make bad decisions that's all part of their learning process....what would they learn if they were good all the time???
Post a Comment