I read on someone else's blog that they have chosen a word for the year. Mine is PECULIAR.
I chose this word after reading a scripture this morning and the Amplified translation stated we are God's special possession, His peculiar treasure. Peculiar means distinctive, different from anyone else, with special qualities only possessed by the one person or object.
This year I want to display a character of peculiarity. Worshipping like no one else. Loving like no one else. Forgiving others like no one else. Praising and believing like no one else. Expecting and receiving like no one else. Learning and teaching like no one else.
I have been on vacation or at work and saw people who looked peculiar. But that was because they went against the norm on the outside- jerri curl in the year 2000, pink or green hair, grundge clothing, tight maternity clothes at 9 months or a bikini on the cruise ship at 200+ pounds.
This is not the peculiarity I want to display. I want mine to generate from the inside and eventually shine on the outside. Maybe in how I listen attentively to someone's response when I ask, How are you? Maybe in letting an elderly driver cut me off in traffic and driving behind them as far as I can to ensure they make it to their destination safely. Maybe sending an anonymous prayer to my worst enemy to increase their chances of receiving the prayer than if they knew it was from me.
What has been peculiar about my life thus far this year? Stretching my faith in action when others have told me to be cautious and not move forward. Believing in business contracts without even having a point of contact for my potential client. Surrendering my desires and schedule to God and watching Him make the issue better than I could have ever planned. Using fear from lack of knowledge to motivate me to try something new even though it was a financial risk. Laughing in situations where in the past I would have panicked. Asking for the impossible but receiving something just as good.
Yep, that's my word for the year: PECULIAR.
Monday, February 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
wow a year is a long time to stretch the use of a word.
But at least it gives you time to work on it and perfect it and hopefully carry it on into the next year without even thinking about it.
This is a really nice thing: "Maybe in letting an elderly driver cut me off in traffic and driving behind them as far as I can to ensure they make it to their destination safely."
Post a Comment